[vlc] Re: PVR-250 black screen

Philippe Van Hecke philippe.vanhecke at belnet.be
Thu Oct 16 18:01:06 CEST 2003

On Thursday 16 October 2003 15:54, Psycho Ph wrote:
> Good day Guys
> Finally i have my vlc compiled with pvr enabled and
> the kernel and everything , thanks to you guys .....
>
> Nevertheless there's a minor problem I think and its
> that my output is a black screen ,,, all i get out of
> the pvr is a black screen and no channels ,,,,
>
> I have the pvr connected to the Antenna on the roof
> and when i plug the antenna on the normal Tv i watch
> channels which means my antenna is working good ....
>
> I connect the antenna on the pvr and all i get is a
> black screen when i try to watch for instance the
> channel S10 which is 168.25 (269200) with the command:
> vlc -vvv
> pvr:/dev/video0:norm=pal:size=640x480:frequency=269200
> --sout udp:224.0.0.8:1234
>
> on the client side there's only a black screen.....
>

> best regards
> F.B.

> http://shopping.yahoo.com

Did you set the good input source ?
You can test it using the tools given with the driver of ivtv.
The test_ioctl prg permit you to set the source and the
ptune-ui.pl permit you to select channel.

after that make cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg
or use mplayer /dev/video0 to make a test.

And after try with vlc.

Regards
Philippe.