[vlc] Re: No suitable access module for udp error

Itsik Boger iboger at qualcomm.com
Thu Oct 16 18:45:15 CEST 2003

If you installed your VLC from the RPM packages, then this should be ok in
order to be able to play from a stream.
In you example, I don't see where you specify the port number on which you
want to listen to the stream, so may want to try something like that:

./vlc -vvv udp:@192.168.0.1:XXXX

Where XXXX stands for the port number.

Hope it helps

At 06:12 AM 10/16/2003, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I tried to play a video stream with vlc, but when I type ./vlc -v
>udp:@192.168.0.1, I get this error:
>
>VideoLAN Client 0.6.0 Trevelyan
>[00000139] main input: playlist item `udp:@192.168.0.1'
>[00000139] vcd input error: could not read TOCHDR
>[00000139] vcd input error: no movie tracks found
>[00000139] cdda input error: could not read TOCHDR
>[00000139] cdda input error: no audio tracks found
>[00000139] main input error: no suitable access module for
>`/://udp:@192.168.0.1'
>
>Which option during compilation should I add in order to build a client that
>plays video from stream?
>
>Besides when I play a video from file I get this error:
>stream periodicity changed from P[15] to P[24]
>What does it mean?
>
>Thanks,
>Alessandro.
>
>--