[vlc] Re: Can't play RTP

Philippe De Neve Philippe.deneve at intec.ugent.be
Fri Oct 17 11:26:23 CEST 2003

Hey,

 I did like you said: Doesn't work, even not for UDP. I've checked the packets and these are TCP packets that VLC sends. The streamer even streams to port 5900 (and I've asked to stream to port 5000). Am I missing something here?

you said: If the VLS was correctly installed, you should see the clip played.

Do I need to install VLS to be able to stream from one VLC to another? ( It is installed but I just wanted to know if its necessary)

Philippe