[vlc] Re: Can't play RTP

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Fri Oct 17 14:23:38 CEST 2003

Philippe De Neve wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've written a program to stream UDP/RTP video. The UDP pakkets are
> correctly played back, but the RTP doesnt seem to work. VLC doesnt
> respond when it receives these packets. I think that my program is
> working good cause ive analysed the output with Ethereal and the RTP
> packets are correct (Im using the JRTPLIB library). Is there anyone
> who had a similar problem with RTP or who knows the reason why VLC
> refuses to play RTP packets?
>
> friendly regards, Philippe De Neve

VLC only supports MPEG-TS encapsulation in RTP. VLS uses 7 packets
inside an UDP packet, I guess VLC assumes this. So if your streamer does
1 packet inside a UDP packet, VLC will not be able to play it. Could you
check this for your streamer?

And please send the VLC logging output to this list: vlc -vvv >
error.log 2>&1

Grtz,
Jean-Paul Saman.