[vlc] Re: V4L some questions

Benjamin PRACHT bigben at via.ecp.fr
Mon Oct 20 09:33:25 CEST 2003

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003, Psycho Ph wrote :

> How to configure two pvr cards in one pc ....... thus
> enables streaming two tv stations at a time ......

Well, the driver will detect two  cards, and put them on /dev/video0 and
/dev/video1. Then, you can select the input in VLS or VLC.

However, be  aware that  we've had  some issued  with ivtv  drivers when
trying to stream from 2 PVR's

> Which DVB pci card you recomend using with vlc and
> vls.? how many channels can i get out of a single DVB
> card at a time ???????

Well, evey card supported by the  linutv drivers, the Haupaugge Nova for
instance, should fit.

With one card,  you'll be able to stream all  the unencryped channels on
the same  transponder. That makes from  1 to about 10,  depending on the
transponder...

--
$(echo "BigBen")

Oui je quote, et alors ?