[vlc] VLC && TV tuner : solution && question

sylvain.le-gall at polytechnique.org sylvain.le-gall at polytechnique.org
Tue Oct 21 07:27:46 CEST 2003

Hello,

In fact, i have browse through the list yesterday, in order to solve my
problem : using VLC to stream TV tuner output... As many of the people
here, i was having problem with sound.

So here is my solution, and if any upstream author read this message,
could he correct the text of the HOWTO to take in account my correction
:
You need to add ....adev=/dev/dsp:samplerate=22050:mono... Yes in France
the audio output of TV is 22050 Hz and mono. After having add this to
the line, it solves all my problem.
( ... cannot create audio chains... cannot open encoder ... )

Now : is anyone has an idea of the bandwidth needed by TV ? And the best
video codec to use with this kind of stream ?

Thanks
Sylvain LE GALL