[vlc] Re: DVD +R/+RW

Andy Staines andy at yellowswordfish.com
Thu Oct 23 19:11:58 CEST 2003

Thanks Eric
I get an 'The application VLC media player has unexpectedly quit'
message when I go through the File/Open Disk route. I use default 'DVD'
on the 'Open Source' dialog - click OK - I briefly get a window with
rtf1 in the title and then it quits with error.
The DVD's in question play fine on my PC (Windows Media Player or
PowerDVD) plus play fine on the Apple DVD Player and DVD player with TV.
I recorded them myself.
The reason I am trying VLC is I note it does not care about region. Most
of my disks are region 2 but when I go to the states I often hire/borrow
films to watch which are, of course, region 1.
Can you shed any other light? It does, of course work with pre-recorded
DVD's although they are a bit jerky and appear to be missing frames...
Thanks
Andy