[vlc] Re: VCD quality recording from a PVR

Benjamin PRACHT bigben at via.ecp.fr
Fri Oct 24 19:15:25 CEST 2003

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003, Psycho Ph wrote :
> Good day Guys HOw is it possible to save VCD Quality
> video from a PVR , in other words I want to save in
> .DAT files that are used in vcd in order to make VCD's
> for my movie collection !!!!!!!!!

Well, VCDs are using MPEG1, while the PVR is outputing MPEG2, so, you'll
have to transcode files indeed. However,  I wouldn't advise to make that
in real  time while  dumping the  stream (as this  could be  quite power
consuming) .

You'll then have to use a tool to edit your vcd...

--
$(echo "BigBen")

Oui je quote, et alors ?