[vlc] Question about the streaming format (TS encapsulation problem)

Takeshi tt2 at rc5.so-net.ne.jp
Fri Oct 31 15:24:39 CET 2003

Hi,

Let me ask you some question.

We have been using VLC, and VLC has been working pretty well.
However, when VLC is going to communicate with winamp, we encountered
some problem.

Here, VLC multicasted mp3 file by using RTP.
However, VLC seems to be encapsulating mp3 over TS(H.222) over RTP over
IP.
Could it be possible to send non-TS traffic with VLC when we use RTP ?
I mean, could it be possible to send mp3 file over RTP over IP, without
TS?

Since winamp is not supporting (at least, I don't know) TS over RTP,
winamp cannot decode the mp3 traffic sent from VLC.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Takeshi

Takeshi Takahashi (M.Eng.)
Waseda University, Japan
  Global Information and Telecommunication Studies
Tampere University of Technology, Finland
  Institute of Communications Engineering
Cell : +358 40 741 1154
Address : Insinoeoerinkatu 60 D 235 solu A 33720 Tampere
Email : take at tom.comm.waseda.ac.jp
Web : http://www.tom.comm.waseda.ac.jp/~take/