[vlc] Http Interface-Windows

Jimmy jimmyc at ndak.net
Fri Oct 31 19:10:42 CET 2003

Hello all,
 I remember seeing alot of traffic concerning the http interface. I am currently having a problem where the http server does not start up when executed using a shortcut ""E:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -I http" on my desktop. This used to work, the vlc player (v0.6.2) would not pop up but I could see the server listening on port 8080. Now when I execute it the vlc player pops up and no server is spawned. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but no luck. Also what would the proper source directory be for a windows machine?

Thnx,
Jimmy