[vlc] Re: VLC HTTP interface?

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Fri Sep 5 20:25:04 CEST 2003

On vrijdag, sep 5, 2003, at 19:51 Europe/Amsterdam, Benjamin PRACHT
wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 05, 2003, Bill Eldridge wrote :
>>
>> Somewhere I saw something about an http interface to VLC -
>> can someone point me to the documentation on this if it exists?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bill
>
> I don't think the HTTP interface is documented yet.

Well there was......
http://wiki.videolan.org/index.php/General
But this page seems to have fallen of the wiki.videolan.org structure.
It's not linked to anymore.

> you can launch it with :
>
> vlc -I http
>
> Then, try to connect to the host  where the vlc has been launched with
> web browser, on port 8080.
>
> It is possible to change the layout of the different pages.

But you'll have to look for them. On Windows they should be in the
'share' directory of your VLC install.
In MacOSX they are located within the package of the application.
On linux they are wherever they were installed. /usr/local/share or
where the distro has put them.

DJ

---
Videolan - VLC media player