[vlc] VLC: can not play mpeg locally.

Franck GRIFFON franck.griffon at aql.fr
Wed Sep 10 13:59:42 CEST 2003

Dear All,

I have a problem with VLC 0.6.2 under Windows XP.

Operating system : Windows XP SP1
Hardware : P4, GeForce 4 MX420
Version of VLC : 0.6.2
Situation : I try to open an mpeg file and play it locally. VLC GUI is
launched,
but the video window does not open. I tried to open the file with the GUI, and
via the command line.
View / Messages only outputs : " main: playlist item 'myfile.mpeg' "
When I quit VLC, the GUI closes but the process is not killed, I have to open
the Task Manager and to stop the process.

I thought the file I was trying to play were not recognized by VLC. but I tried
VLC 0.6.2 on a Windows 2000 machine, with the same mpeg file. It works well,
file is played locally.

I read the FAQ, and did a search on mailing archive and even in bugzilla. Found
nothing.

Has anyone encoutered the same problem with Windows XP ?
Any idea would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Franck

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content **