[vlc] Re: VideoLan Client not working on TP 600e RH Linux 9.0 Pro

Bruce Hutfless bhutfless at covad.net
Fri Sep 12 20:59:43 CEST 2003

Jason,

Thanks.

It is an IBM ThinkPad 600e with Pentium III 400 Mhz CPU 384 MBytes ram,
using CS4332 driver.

I'm running RH Linux 9.0 with the latest stable 2.4 release of Linux 2.4.20
I think, not in fromt of my notebook,
right now.

I know I'm running Gnome (the Red Hat default) but I installed KDE also.

To a little bit, to get sound work becuase the RH soundcfg doesn't find my
audio chip.  I know for a fact it is Crystal Sound,
I found a Linux Howto, that got sound working.  Actually, works great!

I love Linux on the notebook, a great combination.

Any help will be appreciated, I'n no strange to Unix or GNU, just a newbie
developer on Linux.

Anyway, any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bruce Hutfless