[vlc] Need some help with video formats.

David Griffith dpgzx11 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 13 22:10:48 CEST 2003

Hello

I have some mpg files with video and audio and  VLC Media player seems to be
the only program that can read them.  When I use Windows media player it
plays the first few seconds and then video freezes up and audio only plays.
I saw an option in VLC Media player to output to a file.  I am wondering if
there is a way to play these files I have and have VLC Media player fix
them/re-encode them so other programs can read them.

Oh....I have several dvd authoring programs and all of them lock up on the
video after a few seconds and only output audio.

Thanks for any help.