[vlc] mozilla plugin under RedHat9

corentin hache corentin_hache at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 17 09:50:48 CEST 2003

hello

The compilation of vlc with mozilla plugin faill under RedHat9 :

/usr/lib/mozilla/xpidl -I/usr/share/idl/mozilla -m header \
        -o mozilla/vlcintf mozilla/vlcintf.idl
make: /usr/lib/mozilla/xpidl : Commande introuvable
make: *** [mozilla/vlcintf.h] Erreur 127

The ./configure seem to be ok :
checking for mozilla-config... /usr/bin/mozilla-config

And I have install all the RedHat9 mozilla and mozilla-devel packages.

There is a /usr/lib/mozilla empty directory and a /usr/lib/mozilla-1.2.1
full directory
so I have tried to rename mozilla-1.2.1---> mozilla, but there is and other
compiling error :

/usr/lib/mozilla/xpidl -I/usr/share/idl/mozilla -m header \
        -o mozilla/vlcintf mozilla/vlcintf.idl
mozilla/vlcintf.idl:3: can't open included file nsISupports.idl for reading

input callback returned failure

If anyone have already succed in installing mozilla plugin under RedHat

Thanks
Regards
Corentin