[vlc] Re: using javascript in mozilla with VLC plugin

tyu tom pompom4545 at yahoo.fr
Mon Sep 22 10:26:30 CEST 2003

I use code sources (but I don't know how to do that
with "rpm" or "apt" packages)
With code sources, you just put    --enable-mozilla
  in your configure line. You can check if the plugin
is see by mozilla in "help"  "about plugins" menu in
mozilla.  If not :  search libvlcplugin.so and
vlcintf.xpt and copy these files on  "plugins" and
"components" directories of mozilla.
You can see web page exemples using mozilla plugin in
videolan.org.

Good luck

If someone have informations about this problem :

> > I would like to use javascript in mozilla when
playing
> > video with VLC plugin.
> > I have to put the mouse pointer outside of the
video
> > area in order to enable javascript use.
> > So during fullscreen mode, it's impossible to use
> > javascript.
> >
> > can someone help me.....
> >

> > here is the code :

> > <head>
> > <title>test</title>
> > <SCRIPT LANGUAGE=javascript>
> > <!--
> > document.onkeyup = onKeyUp

> > function onKeyUp(evt)
> > {
> > 	var code = evt.which
> > 	switch (code)
> > 	{
> > 	case 38:
> > 		top.location.href = "3.html"
> > 		break
> > 	case 40:
> > 		top.location.href = "2.html"
> > 		break
> > 	}
> > }> >
> >
> > //-->
> > </SCRIPT>
> > </head>
> > vlink=#800000 alink=#000080>
> > <center>
> > <center>
> > <embed type="application/x-vlc-plugin"
name="video1"
> > autoplay="yes" loop="yes"
> > width="800" height="600"
> > target="udp:@224.1.1.1";>
> > </center>

>From: <boni at dpc4.score.com>
>To: vlc at videolan.org
>Subject: [vlc] Re: using javascript in mozilla with
VLC plugin
>Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:00:22 +0000 (GMT)
>

>            It seems you are trying do displaying
video via vlc
>    plugin onto the mozilla browser, if this is true
it  will
>    be very interesting . i would like to know if you
are successfull,
>    i have in mind doing this stuff too. it will
shorten my time in