[vlc] Re: WMV?

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Mon Sep 29 01:49:58 CEST 2003

On maandag, sep 29, 2003, at 00:22 Europe/Amsterdam, Benjamin PRACHT
wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2003, Joshua Taylor wrote :
>> hey love yer app, but is there a way to disable it from being the
>> defualt WMV player? When ever i download a wmv from the web it uses
>> vlc
>> as the defualt player, anyway to fix this?
>>

> As far as I know, VLC doesn't declare itself as default app for any
> file
> type.  You'll  have to  modify  file  attributions  by hand  in
> windows
> preferences...

VLC declares which filetypes it can handle. If you installed WMP, then
they can also be played with WMP by default. Simply right-click a WMV
file, choose "Get Info".

Go to the "Open with:" section. Choose WMP from the dropdownlist and
then press the Change All.. button.

DJ

---
Videolan - VLC media player