[vlc] LAN DVD brodcast...

freeze at free.fr freeze at free.fr
Tue Sep 30 00:45:39 CEST 2003

Hi,
   I try to brodcast a DVD in my Local Area network. This is not a movie,
   but a DVD with lessons on it. So, I'd like to get the menu working from
   one computer, and get the results on all the others.
   I use a fresh Mandrake 9.1 installation, with the last rpm of videLan.
   It 'cores' a lot: If I only click on the streming button, it cores. So
   I use the command line. The localhost output is made with x11.
   I tried unicast, multicast and know, I'm trying to output to a file to
   stream it, because the files seems to work better. I tried to rip it
   (to get a vob file) but, the layout of this kind of DVD (lessons) seems
   too complicated for rippers: some still pictures with drawings on them.
Here is my command line, but there's no display... If I change it with the
demo file input, it works with the display.
vlc -vvv dvd:/dev/hdc --sout
'#duplicate{dst=display,dst="standard{access=file,mux=avi,url=/home/papaye/out.avi}"}'
Can I have the local and streaming output when I use DVD menu?

Thanks,
Freeze
---