[vlc] multicast switching

tyu tom pompom4545 at yahoo.fr
Tue Sep 30 18:08:58 CEST 2003

hello,

I am using vlc plugin under mozilla (redhat9).
I am using 3 html pages in order to display 3
multicast videos (each page display one video). I can
switch between this video with classical html link
between these 3 pages.

My problem :

The switch between the streams take a short time (3
seconds) at the beginning. But the more switches are
done the slower they are. For example : after 40
switches, the time is about 8 seconds for a switch !!!

My questions :

Do you know where this problem come from ? And do you
know solutions to resolve it ?

Is it possible this problem come from messages
creating by vlc ?

Many thanks

pompom