[vlc] Re: questions

Benjamin PRACHT bigben at via.ecp.fr
Thu Apr 1 18:07:03 CEST 2004

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004, Hornsby Adrian wrote :

> 1 .. we have a AVI file 1920x1440. Do you guys think it would be possible to
> transcode it into MPEG_TS file with VLC? or is there any other easier
> solutions ?

What do  you mean by transcoding  ? easily remuxing it,  or changing the
video codec ? Either  way, it will be possible with  VLC, but the latter
wil be very slow, and will require  a CVS version if VLC (which can work
slower than real time without dropping frames).

> 2.. Is there any limitation in  the input size (definition) in VLC and
VLS ??

I  cannot see  any reason  for such  a limit,  as long  as the  codec is
supported, and the  computer powerful enough (which can be  a problem to
decode very big streams).

--
$(echo "BigBen")

Oui je quote, et alors ?