[vlc] Viewing Streams with Duplicate Packets

Victor Pate vpate at raytheon.com
Thu Apr 1 20:04:52 CEST 2004

Hello,

I am using VLC 0.7.1 under Windows 2000 to view UDP/IP multicast MPEG2-TS
streams.  Occasionally, the network will be configured in such a way to
cause some streams to be entirely duplicated at my receiving/viewing point.
The streams for which I am receiving duplicate packets then become
completely unwatchable.

Is there any mechanism built-in to VLC (or other known viewers) to handle a
large number of duplicate packets?  Any help with this (beyond "fix the
network") is appreciated.  Thanks.

-Victor