[vlc] Re: Cutting functions

Benjamin PRACHT bigben at via.ecp.fr
Tue Apr 13 22:59:38 CEST 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004, Familie.Seuring at t-online.de wrote :
> Let me congratulate to this development. I only use vlc to view any movies.
>
> By the way, in earlier days I made S8-movies, which I copied with all it´s mistakes to my pc with a webcam. So they needed to be cut. There are some black scenes in it.
> Is there any chance to get a cutting and appending function additional to or in vlc? If tried some other programms, but they couldn´t open my movies.
>
> Thanks for answer.
> Rainer Seuring from Hanau (Germany)

You can use --start-time and --stop-time options to make some very basic
edition, with  a precision of  1 second.  However, editing a  movie with
VLC, at this time, would be a real pain : it hasn't been design fo this.
You'd better use vlc to remux you  stream in a format readable by a real
editing software.

--
$(echo "BigBen")

Oui je quote, et alors ?