[vlc] mozilla and vlc

Valery Roche vroche at univ-poitiers.fr
Fri Apr 16 14:02:42 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I'm writing again on the subject of the vlc plugin for mozilla for
windows, as I had no answers.

I want to launch vlc directly from the browser when clicking on the
title of a film.

I copied vlcintf.xpt to the "components" directory of both mozilla and
firebird (I want to test both).

When I try to register it with regxpcom, Mozilla 1.6 tells me that it
"cannot initialize XPCOM glue"
"cannot acquire component registrar"

Within firebird, there is no message. But when I connect to the web page
  that contains the following code :

<embed type="application/x-vlc-plugin"
          name="video1"
          autoplay="no" loop="yes" width="400" height="300"
          target="http://10.16.30.110/artduspectacle/suspects.avi" />

onclick='document.video1.fullscreen()'>Fullscreen</a>

I'm redirected on the netscape plugin search page.

So what am I doing wrong, as vlcintf appears in xpti.dat ?
It seems thaht it works for several people. Why not here ?

Thanks,
Valéry