[vlc] Re: Inappropriate Comment on VLC Home Page

Carlo Calabrò murray at via.ecp.fr
Mon Apr 19 00:02:54 CEST 2004

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004, Krakora wrote:
>    I was shocked to see this posted on VLC's home page today.  Very, very
>    unprofessional!!!  I was very, very appalled!!!  I have used VLC for
>    the past three years.  My company develops IP set-top boxes.  There is
>    no way a comment like this would or could be posted on our home page.
>    Grow up!!!

Hello,

as you might have noticed, this was our April Fool's joke.

Irony is not a matter of age, but of meaning of life and ability to cope
"with the most serious subjects with sincere, studied triviality" (if
I'm not wrong, it's taken from one of Oscar Wilde's fine comedies).

If you are not able to appreciate it, it's your problem, not ours. Keep
on doing even the best IP set-top boxes in your serious, professional,
black-and-white world. We'll be glad to go on coding, having fun and
spending our lives smiling and making fun of ourselves.

Regards,

--
Carlo
"I'm an emotional vegetarian. I have lots of vegetarian friends, and we