[vlc] Re: vlc ntservice: how to change http configuration? (save port don't work)

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Mon Apr 19 11:23:44 CEST 2004

On Monday 19 April 2004 10:32, Gusella, Mauro wrote:
> Hi Gildas,
>
> sorry,
> It don't work!
>
> I did this:
> 1)vlc ---save-config --http-host=:1973
> 2)from vlc user interface add http remote control
> 3)and now I can see http://localhost:1973/
> 4)Close vlc
> 5)vlc.exe -I ntservice --ntservice-install --ntservice-extraintf=http
> 6)the service started fine
> 7)http://localhost:1973/ don't work
> 8)http://localhost:8080/ works again!!!
>
> I use vlc 0.7.1
>
> How to proceed?

The VLC config is account specific so you need to make sure the account used
for the service is the same as the one you used during your "vlc
--save-config" manipulation.
You can also alternatively copy the resulting config file to the right place
(http://www.videolan.org/doc/faq/en/index.html#id2786714).

--
Gildas