[vlc] Re: DVB?

Jan Ekholm chakie at infa.abo.fi
Wed Apr 21 09:32:34 CEST 2004

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:

>Jan Ekholm wrote:
>>
>> j2ekholm at epia:~/work/debian/epia/videolan/vlc-0.7.1$ make
>> cd . && /bin/sh ./config.status Makefile depfiles
>> config.status: creating Makefile
>> config.status: executing depfiles commands
>> cd . && /bin/sh ./config.status Makefile depfiles
>> config.status: creating Makefile
>> config.status: executing depfiles commands
>> cd . && /bin/sh ./config.status Makefile depfiles
>> config.status: creating Makefile
>> config.status: executing depfiles commands
>>
>> That repeats ad nauseam. I apparently need to fiddle something to get it
>> to compile... Maybe just nuke the archive and unpack the original tar.gz.
>>
>What about running make distclean; ./bootstrap; ./configure
>--prefix=/usr <and all the rest>; make
>
>That should fix it ;-)

Ok, I'll use that next time. :)

However, the compilation gave this error:

dvb.c: In function `ioctl_InfoFrontend':
dvb.c:139: error: `FE_MEMORY' undeclared (first use in this function)
dvb.c:139: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
dvb.c:139: error: for each function it appears in.)
dvb.c:142: error: `FE_NET' undeclared (first use in this function)
dvb.c:146: error: parse error before "p_symbols"

This is new in your patch, so you apparently have something I don't have,
or a different version of some library. I can't seem to find them defined
in any of the headers in the kernel, libdvb, libdvbpsi or similar.

This is what I configure with, and which managed to compile a stock 0.7.1.

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/vlc-0.7.1-p1
            --with-dvb=/usr/src/linux
            --enable-dvb
            --disable-dvd
            --enable-ffmpeg
            --with-ffmpeg-tree=.../ffmpeg-20040222

Regards,
    Jan Ekholm

--
      Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs.
                          -- Susan Sto Helit, in Hogfather (Terry Pratchett)