[vlc] Re: DVB?

Jan Ekholm chakie at infa.abo.fi
Wed Apr 21 12:26:17 CEST 2004

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:

>Jan Ekholm wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
>> However, the compilation gave this error:

>> dvb.c: In function `ioctl_InfoFrontend':
>> dvb.c:139: error: `FE_MEMORY' undeclared (first use in this function)
>> dvb.c:139: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>> dvb.c:139: error: for each function it appears in.)
>> dvb.c:142: error: `FE_NET' undeclared (first use in this function)
>> dvb.c:146: error: parse error before "p_symbols"
>>
>> This is new in your patch, so you apparently have something I don't have,
>> or a different version of some library. I can't seem to find them defined
>> in any of the headers in the kernel, libdvb, libdvbpsi or similar.
>>

>I grabbed the latest DVB kernel driver source code from the linuxtv
>archive. You can just comment these two out.

Ok, that compiles.

However, no change in the tuning behaviour. It still fails with more or
less exactly the same errors. I tried:

vlc -vvvv dvb:frequency=12551000:polarization=v:fec=3:srate=22000000

Actually, I tried all combinations of the polarization and FEC, as well as
with different amounts of 0:s for the symbol rate and various amounts of
digits different values for the frequency. Nothing tunes.

--
  Shadwell hated all southerners and, by inference, was standing at the
  North Pole.