[vlc] PTS problems transcoding from mpeg4 to mpeg2

Gusella, Mauro mauro.gusella at accessmedia.it
Wed Apr 21 14:27:05 CEST 2004

Hi,

I use vlc to transcode from mpeg4 to mpeg2, afetr I send the trancoded stream using multicast.

I take a look about synchronisation and it seems don't work good.

For example in a correct PAL stream the difference between a pts and the next pts
has to be 3600.
But in the transcoded stream the difference changes.

I don't understand what vlc did about synchronisation.

Is it correct for you?

My stb uses a standard synchronisation algorithm and it don't work!

Thanks
Regards,

Mauro Gusella