[vlc] Re: H.263 Streaming

Callan, Wilson wcallan at starentnetworks.com
Wed Apr 21 15:28:28 CEST 2004

latest CVS code has a fix for this.

-----Original Message-----
From: vlc-bounce at videolan.org [mailto:vlc-bounce at videolan.org]On Behalf
Of Frederic Beck
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 5:22 AM
To: vlc at videolan.org
Subject: [vlc] H.263 Streaming

Hi

I'm using VLC for the first time, and i have a few problems. I would
like to stream a video file with the h263 or h263+ codec by using the
following command line :

vlc <video_file> --sout
'#transcode{vcodec=H263+,vb=96,scale=0?5}:duplicate{dst=std{access=rtp,mux=ts,url=192.168.1.3:1234}}'

I'm using VLC version 0.7.1, and i get the same error if i put h263 or
h263+ as vcodec option, with is :

[h263 @ 0x84a8bf0] Input picture size isn't suitable for h263 codec! try
h263+

I couldn't find in the documentation how to specify h263+, i thought it
would work as i did in the command line, but it doesn't seem to work. To
be sure that the video file would work i used the original mpg sequence
used on a website to make tests of the h263 codec, but i still have the
save errors.

Maybe anyone has a clue ?
Thx
Fred

--
Frederic Beck (frederic.beck at sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr)
Alcatel Business Systems - Enterprise Solutions Division