[vlc] Multicast and PES

Tran Minh Son sony at mht.bme.hu
Thu Apr 22 08:37:13 CEST 2004

Dear All,
    As Benjamin PRACHT mentioned the multicast in the below syntax (many
thanks to Benjamin PRACHT for this syntax), I had another problem with
multicast as follow. I send UDP packets of a multi program TS to a
multicast address, from which a VLC client is already waiting . I use my
own program as a sender (  I just group 7 TS packets in one UDP and
lauch it). 1) It seems that the VLC does not capture the TS if the very
first TS packet does not containt PAT. 2) Only the SID=1 program is
played , when I switch to another program,  again the VLC gets lost.
Would you please show me some hints to overcome this problem?
    When I save output of VLC into file with PES format and transcode of
mp4v, an empty file is created?
THank you very much for your helps
Son Tran