[vlc] Re: VLC 0.7.1 compiling problem

Frederic Beck frederic.beck at sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr
Fri Apr 23 15:00:55 CEST 2004

>>Hi
>>
>>I'm trying to compile VLC version 0.7.1 on a GNU/Linux Debian SID. I've
>>installed all that should be needed, including the postprocess library
>>with Marillat's packages.
>>
>>I run the ./Configure with the following command :
>>
>>/./configure --enable-a52 --enable-cdda --enable-ffmpeg --enable-flac
>>--enable-freetype --enable-wxwindows --enable-libmpeg2 --enable-ogg
>>--enable-oss --enable-sout --enable-vorbis --enable-x11
>>--with-ffmpeg-mp3lame/
>>

>I got similar errors on Sid, so I just got the version of ffmpeg that is
>linked to on the Vlc download page, and then use --with-ffmpeg=<dir> to
>point to where the ffmpeg stuff was installed and compiled.

Hello,

I managed to compile ffmpeg with the package linked on the VLC download
page, ffmpeg-20040222, but i can't find any way to build the library to
include in VLC. In fact, i've got the ffmpeg executable and all working
in a subdirectory ../ffmpeg-20040222, and even if i specify to VLC to
use this version of ffmpeg with --with-ffmpeg=../ffmpeg-20040222, it
doesn't work and still tries to use the version in ./modules/codecs/ffmepg.

But it seems that this version doesn't compile with the libpostproc
because i still get the same errors when linking.

Is there a way to build the library in the ffmpeg-20040222 package or
with the one in ./modules/codecs/ffmepg ? If it is the case, can anyone
give me the right syntax ?

If i don't enable ffmpeg at all, what will VLC do ? Will it use an
internal encoder/decoder ?

Thx a lot
Fred

--
Frederic Beck (frederic.beck at sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr)
Alcatel Business Systems - Enterprise Solutions Division