[vlc] Re: VLC

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Tue Apr 27 08:36:45 CEST 2004

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 08:14:31PM +0300, Joel Hakoune wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some time ago i've made an inquiry about subtitles in Right-To-Left
> languages. I've checked it again with the latest version of VLC (v
> 0.7.1a), it seems to work, now. There is just a little punctuation
> issue, the dot shows at the beginning of the sentence instead of
> being at the end,...
I've heard reports of this before. I don't know what causes it, nor how to
fix it. If you can give me a sample subtitle file that has this behaviour, I
could at least try to ask someone else.

> BTW, several movies needs the fps definition for the subtitles. I
> didn't find where to check the fps def of the movie itself. How do i
> do this (except for checking it in QT, of course...)?
>
> Another little question. I'm running movies on my PB G4 (1GHz), when
> running some of them in full screen mode, it runs in slow motion, in
> x1 size it runs ok. I don't think the G4 is too slow, isn't it?
> What can i do to gain some speed, i've already quit all the other
> apps, closed the classic emulation, disabled file sharing,...
> anything i could think of, but it doesn't help.
> I've tried to look into the prefs of vlc, but there are too many
> options, so i got lost...

I know little or nothing about these issues, please send vlc related
questions to vlc at videolan.org, and not me directly. I will cc this mail there.

Sigmund Augdal