[vlc] Re: Command line usage of vlc:quit

Vincent Bernat bernat at free.fr
Wed Aug 4 11:26:51 CEST 2004

OoO En  cette matinée pluvieuse du  mercredi 04 août 2004, vers 10:21,
"Pranjal Dutta (prdutta)" <prdutta at cisco.com> disait:

> I have started VLC to read a UDP stream sent by VLC Server from command
> line using : # vlc -vvv udp:@224.1.0.1:1234 . Now I want to stop the vlc
> process from the same command line by using vlc:quit. I tried with # vlc
> udp:@224.1.0.1:1234 vlc:quit, but nothing happenned. Am I correct in using
> the syntax. Any help will be very useful.

With the first command, if there is a problem on the stream, vlc will
still run. With the second one, vlc will quit. vlc is not able to ask
another vlc to quit. You should use vlm.
--
Make sure special cases are truly special.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)