[vlc] Re: using vlc to open h264 files

tcarlyle at lsi.usp.br tcarlyle at lsi.usp.br
Thu Aug 5 00:13:35 CEST 2004

> <tcarlyle at lsi.usp.br> writes:
>
> > I tried some files from the jvt-experts ftp.
>
> Both of the files mentioned below are standard H26L NAL format files,
> AFAICS.
>
> > The one inside this zip file
> > ftp://ftp.imtc-files.org/jvt-experts/bitstream_exchange/sp2_bt_b.zip
> > could be opened in the windows media player with the h.264 codec and
> > couldn´t be opened with the vlc.
>
> That one crashes my version of libavcodec.  Which codec are you using?

As the vlc, I tryed the windows precompiled version (that didn´t work...).
With the windows media player, I´m using the codec found at
http://www.koreaio.com/english/box2.htm Driver & Tool Download section (this
way I was able to play the video). I´m not aware of details of it...

> > However, the movie inside the file
> > ftp://ftp.imtc-files.org/jvt-experts/bitstream_exchange/AUD_MW_E.zip couldnt
> > be opened neither in wmplayer nor the vlc.
>
> That one plays perfectly using the latest libavcodec version on Linux.

What should I do in order to play it with the vlc at windows? The libavcodec
is included in the windows precompiled binnary, isn´t it? Is the windows
version too old?

> --
> Måns Rullgård
> mru at kth.se

Thank you very much, for the prompt response =)

Thomas