[vlc] Fwd: [vlc-devel] New icon for all OSs

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Sun Aug 15 21:03:50 CEST 2004

I think vlc users would like to see this as well.
Any input will be greatly appreciated and will help the core team
decide wether to accept this proposal.

DJ

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Richard Øiestad <richard at eurodata.cc>
> Date: 15 augustus 2004 03:56:11 GMT+02:00
> To: vlc-devel at videolan.org
> Subject: [vlc-devel] New icon for all OSs
>
> After some chatting in the #videoLAN irc channel I made a new
> icon/suggestion
>
> http://network-europa.dyndns.info/temp/vlc_ikon_v2_presentation.png
>
> mail me if the server is down, it should not be.
>
> Basically for the OS X version but also for the other systems if you
> want it, last time I used the win version, you had the cone.
>
> Why I made it, because the OS X version of the icon is to complex.
>
> When you set vlc to default program to open any document-type, you
> will get vlc icons inside 16x16 document-icons (listmode). The only
> thing is maybe 2 orange pixels and some blue...
>
> In 32x32, i may be better but still hard to recognise.
>
> When you glancing to find the app its much easier to recognise the
> bright orange with your eyes
>
> Richard
>

> RETRON - member of Eurodata Computer Club
> -
>
> The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the person(s) or
> organisation(s) to whom it is addressed. No-one else may copy or
> forward all or any of it in any form without the prior written consent
> of the originator. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
> contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

---
Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan Hartman (d.hartman at student.utwente dot nl)
http://home.student.utwente.nl/d.hartman