[vlc] Re: Network stream freezes after a few sec

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Tue Aug 17 16:39:49 CEST 2004

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004, Chhaya, Harshal wrote :

> > - Set the --cr-average option to a higher value, say 1000.

Well, it changes some settings in tje internal clock of VLC. Increasing
it sometimes help, for streams that tend to come irregularly, as "burst"
packets

> What does this option do?
>
> More generally, is there a man page for vlc or some other document
> that lists all the available options? The FAQ is somewhat high-level
> and does not go into the details of what every option does.

Well, not really. We are trying to keep the VLC user guide up to date,
but it's a tough job ;-) You can however have a list of all available options
and a short descrpition by using the command line

vlc -H --advanced command line

--
BigBen