[vlc] Re: VLC and Hauppauge PVR-350

Daniel Lawson daniel at wand.net.nz
Mon Aug 23 23:12:18 CEST 2004

Benjamin PRACHT wrote:

>On Mon, Aug 23, 2004, Daniel Lawson wrote :
>

>>What I can't do, and what seems like it should be well supported, is use
>>vlc to read off the card directly.
>>

>What exactly is the problem ? Could you try to add the --cr-average 1000
>to the command line ? A copy paste of VLC's debug info could help
>indeed.

The problem was, it seems, a fairly fundamental bug in the pvr codepath,
which I've fixed and discovered a raft of new bugs (i posted to
vlc-devel regarding this). I've tried --cr-average 1000, and it made no
difference.

Currently I get about 2 or 3 seconds of jerky video, then it stops
streaming.

I've attached the output from vlc. Note that I'm reading from s-video
input, so don't need channel or frequency settings.

./vlc  -vvv
pvr:/dev/video0:norm=pal:size=720x576:bitrate=3000000:maxbitrate=4000000
--sout udp:10.1.18.163 2> vlc-output

--
Daniel Lawson
WAND Group, Computer Science Department