[vlc] No audio in VLC media player

Harriet Skjerly harskjerly at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 1 17:18:25 CET 2004

Hi,

I just downloaded your media player yesterday. ( I actually tried to
post a question on your discussion board but for some
reason my question was not put through????) So anyway, as a gaphic
designer, I make slideshow movies
that include my artwork and pictures with mini movies, and am able to
encode them in Toast then
make DVD presentations out of them and play them on my DVD on my TV. I
have not been able to
play the DVD movies on my emac thus far.

So yesterday I downloaded your VLC media player and was able to get a
very clear representation
of my DVD movie, but no sound. I tried to do what the instructions
said and I went to Modules >audio output> coreaudio and the device # to
1. That didn't help.
The format  on my DVD movie says Audio TS and Video TS. I have a
external DVD (Pioneer Driver)
and am in system 10.2.8 on my emac. I would appreciate any help on
this. If I could just get
the audio I think this could be just the media player I am looking for.
Thanks

Harriet Skjerly
harskjerly at earthlink.net