[vlc] VLC - TS output file.

je je asshurbanipal at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 1 17:39:15 CET 2004

Hi to all,
I am working in Signals & Streams Expert Team for a Set Top Box
manufacturer.

We have tested the VLC's functions for transport stream solution, and
congratulation!
It is a very very good software!

The TS player work fine but we have some troubles with the TS multiplexer.

In fact, the generated TS file is not playable on a DVB network. We think
that the problem is due to the PCR value. After a light analyse with a DVB
stream analyser, all of PCRs seem to be false ( PCRI – PCRV value is not
compliant with DVB specification), so bit-rate and video/audio time base are
false when the stream is broadcast.
(May be the problem can be corrected in the libdvbpsi lib ???)

Please find below the screenshot of our DVB stream analyser.

I hope that this kind of information can be useful for your team.

Regards.