[vlc] Re: Problem with execute VLC via Apache

Jorge Fernández Romero jferrom at dilmun.ls.fi.upm.es
Thu Dec 2 17:44:10 CET 2004

> On Thu, Dec 02, 2004, jferrom at dilmun.ls.fi.upm.es wrote :
>>
>> Ok, I think this is what I want. Excuse me for my ignorance, but when I
>> launch the daemon option, 'vlc -d', How can I send it orders? I desire
>> play, pause, stop, etc a file, but I can't make it.
>>

> You should have a look at the http and rc interfaces (--extraintf http
> or rc)
>
> --
> BigBen

Good, I have read the documentation about http interface.

I try to call vlc from PHP with:

system('vlc -I http --http-src /var/www/simula/VLC --http-host 192.168.0.7
-d');

This should create a shell waiting request from http protocol. Can I send
it this request from PHP with <vlc id="control",.... >?