[vlc] Re: mandrake 10

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Thu Dec 2 19:43:18 CET 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004, Ed MacDonald wrote :
> Hello,
>
> Have you guys tried installing vlc on Mandrake 10 following the
> instructions on your site? I've got 4+ hours into it now (spread over a few
> days) and STILL can't get it to work. I'm chasing down rpm's all over the
> place. liba52 and libmpeg2 to mention some specific ones.
>
> I have an older version installed on RedHat 9; I'm afraid to upgrade it,
> though, because I don't know if it will give me the same headaches Mandrake
> is giving me. Am I the only one having this problem? Have you successfully
> installed vlc on a fresh Mandrake 10 install (not one of your development
> machines that already has the libraries installed) following your
> directions?
>
> Seriously, though, thanks for a kick ass product. I couldn't live without
> it on my RedHat machine. Keep up the hard work.

As a matter of fact, VLC's Mandrake packages have been done by the PLF
for quite a while soon, so we have no direct control on them (we've had
reports that they were doing quite a good job, though...) I'm not aware
of any of VLC's developpers using Mandrake 10. Perhaps you should make a
bug report directly to the PLF...

--
BigBen