[vlc] Re: Problem with execute VLC via Apache

Pierre-Hugues PERET pype at gameflux.com
Fri Dec 3 12:07:59 CET 2004

You cannot do what you're trying to do, because the vlc http server is
running on port 8080 as default, and your php script is using your apache
server (default port 80).
If you want to send a command to the vlc via php, you should use a submit
form with the action="localhost:8080" or something pointing to the http
interface of vlc.
You can do that even with simple HTML form.

good luck !