[vlc] Re: Jerky playback of MPEG1-2 elementary streams

John Anderson john at gocoretec.com
Mon Dec 6 18:02:31 CET 2004

I just went and tried an experiment.  I can play 720x480 6mbps *program*
streams with no problem.  When I changed it to elementary video stream my
computer was practically froze up by VLC (WinXP version on a P4 1.7Ghz).
All I get is messages saying "Garbage at input".  Are you sure that it's
elementary MPEG-2?  Is it encapsulated in RTP?  Perhaps the RTP timestamps
are goofed up.