[vlc] Re: dvd decoder for dvd player

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at via.ecp.fr
Wed Dec 15 22:50:28 CET 2004

Hello

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004, stephen schuster wrote:
>    I need to download a dvd decoder and don't know how or what. Someone told
>    me to go to your web page ,which I did but I am totally confused on what
>    to click on when I go there. I'm very dumb about computer stuff . Can you
>    help? Thanks It,s an SD-1212 made by Toshiba and I bought it used. Thanks
>    again ,Steve

I'll assume that you use MS Windows. You can get VLC for windows here :
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
(just click on one of the links under vlc-0.8.1-win32.exe)

For other Operating Systems, have a look here :
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

You're just a few clicks away from using the best media player !

If you need help, you can use the documentation (it's brand new) :
http://www.videolan.org/doc (look for the VLC play howto)
or browse the forums :
http://forum.videolan.org

I hope this answers your question.