[vlc] Re: wmv3 support

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 17 13:13:28 CET 2004

It's because MS published an API under Windows, introduced the concept of
DMO (Directx something Object, I believe), made their CODEC compatible with
the DMO spec.

A similar set of hooks, object interface, were not published for the Mac, it
seems, that's why there's no Mac support -- no published hook to use.