[vlc] Is mpeg 4 audio (mpeg aac) available ?

Steven Shiau steven at nchc.org.tw
Sun Dec 19 00:55:10 CET 2004

Hi,
I have a Sanyo Xacti camcoder
http://sanyo-electric.ru/products/positions/149.htm
which uses mpeg 4 audio (mpeg aac).
I taped some video, and try to play with vlc 0.8.1. However, it gave me
the message:
vlc vclp0858.mp4
VLC media player 0.8.1 Janus
[00000220] access_file access error: seeking too far
[00000241] main decoder error: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `mp4a'.
VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.
Is that possible I can play the audio of my video clips ?
If so, how can I do that ? If not, when is that available ?

BTW, mplayer seems to work fine with this audio format, but vlc is
another good choice, I think.
Thanks in advance.

--
Please AVOID distributing documents in WORD, EXCEL or POWERPOINT format.
[Chinese Big5] 請避免散佈WORD, EXCEL 或是 POWERPOINT格式的檔案.