[vlc] Re: [Q]: vlc and video4linux

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Tue Dec 21 09:17:47 CET 2004

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004, Chris Bshaw wrote :
> Hi....
>
> I am trying to use vlc to view analog tv from a bt878 card on an FC3
> machine. I am trying to use the device as a video4linux device.
>
> When I use xawtv everything works fine, and I can change channels using
> v4lctl....however, when I try to use vlc (choosing Video4Linux), I just get
> a frozen picture from the channel the card is tuned to.....

What command line are you using exactly ? What messages are displayed
with the -vvv option ?

> I was just wondering if anyone has got this working or if anyone has
> encountered this problem?
>
> Also, I was wondering if it would be possible to use vlc to talk to a DVB
> card (Hauppage Nexus-S) via the Video4linux interface?

VLC has support for all DVB cards supported by the linuxtv drivers
(including the Nexus S) using the dvb access module.

http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml/vlc/2004-06/msg00115.html

You can have a look here for some additional doc on this subject.

--
BigBen