[vlc] Re: Streaming Subtitles & wmp with no video

Madman madman at starfleet.hu
Tue Dec 28 17:21:17 CET 2004

In connection with the first problem:

./vlc -vvv /mnt/store/test.avi --sout
'#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,acodec=mp3,vb=400,ab=96}:standard{access=http,mu
x=ts,url=_MY_SERVER_:6000}' --volume=1024 --sub-autodetect-file
--sout-all --subsdec-encoding ISO-8859-2

In connection with the second:

./vlc -vvv /mnt/store/test.avi --sout
'#transcode{vcodec=div3,acodec=mp3,vb=400,ab=96}:standard{access=http,mu
x=asf,url=_MY_SERVER_:6000}' --volume=1024 --sub-autodetect-file
--sout-all --subsdec-encoding ISO-8859-2

Nearly the same, only codec paramters are different.

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004, Madman wrote :
> Hi!
>
> I've got 2 little problems, I hope someone can help.
>
> The first one:
>
> I try to stream a file with subtitles. Client side seems to receive it
> fully (audio,video,sub, I can see them in the "stream and media
info"),
> but I cant see any subtitles, not for long... It flashes for a moment
> sometimes, but generally there is no subtitles at all. Once a minute I
> can see it for about half a second popping up and disappear again...
>
> The second one:
>
> I've tried to make my stream compatible with windoz media player, so
> I've used vcodec=div3,acodec=mp3, with mux=asf. It's perfect in VLC on
> the client side, but watching it with wmp I can see no video. It seems
> that wmp gets the video, because the bitrate is correct,
(video+audio),
> but there is no video, only a "black" screen.

About the 2 questions : which command line / Streaming parametters are
you using exactly ?

--
BigBen