[vlc] Re: vlc streaming howto?

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Fri Dec 31 20:41:32 CET 2004

Thanks.

I do need more info relative to linux usage, hopefully someone out there can
help?

I'm not running linux in a windowed environment, it's a server running only
in text mode, so therefore VLC isn't putting up any player window. I see a
ton of just garbage output on the linux terminal window, which I didn't
expect... I thought I could run vlc in "no playback mode" (meaning, just
receive and retransmit the stream without playing anything).

The fact that the terminal window outputs a bunch of garbage (it's not
messages, just garbled text) and that it only does it when the stream is
being played, indicates to me that it actually is receiving the stream.

As for WMP, I guess the problem may be having to force it to use TCP, I'll
give that a try.

Thanks!
Ricardo