[vlc] Re: stil have problems with vlc from cvs

unknown unknown at public-files.de
Wed Feb 4 18:47:05 CET 2004

Thank you BigBen, for your attention!

> Silly qyestion bu to you have the development package for libxml2 ?

No question is silly! - only answers can be ... (IMHO)

well, I thought the same at first contact with this error and for so I checked
twice (I have the libxml2-devel-2.5.11-12.i586 installed).
I'm quite a newbee respect to linux development, so it could be any mistake of
mine.

But between changed a lot.
I updated my X11 to cvs-version and also fetched the kde3.2 - with the result
of an instable system for few days.

Today I came back to vlc and took the time to read the logfile from
build-process more carefully.
I tried the menu-config - its pretty!
... but then I realized, that not all options could be set with menu-config
(yet ?!?)

So I went back to bootstrap + configure ... Not bad at all.

Now I'm struck with this:
The file modules/codec/speex.c includes speex_stereo.h and speex_callbacks.h
but these files are not in the cvs-repository of vlc nor in the repository of
speex itself.

I'm quite sure, that this tumbling around is fault, but I don't know how to do
it better.
Therefor I'm asking for help in this list.

As I read in the forum, noone of you uses Suse - so I think, I have stil a bit
work ahead. And with your assistance - may be I get a working copy ...

Do you know, where I can get the speex, vlc expects?

kind regards

Geronimo